Thursday, 15 July 2010

Donkey Smiles

 Good evening my fine crafting buddies, hope you are all well. I can't believe how long a card can take when you have to fit crafting it in between work, children and sleep!!! oh and I forgot - cooking, housework and more sleep!
Anyway, I read all about Michelle's accident, visit her blog Stamps, Paper, Scissors and Donkey Smiles, and saw this wonderful image when I checked out the latest challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar. The challenge here is to use the image and send a card to Michelle to let her know how many of us are thinking of her.
I tried something a little bit different with it, I printed the image onto seven different colours of a Funky Fairys paper kit and then paper pieced the Donkey.



I then used a different FF kit for the polka dot squares and some Purple glitter sheets by Craftime for the other squares. They have all been distressed with my Tim Holtz distress tool. I then inked the scalloped circle with Tim Holtz distress ink -Dusty Concord. The flowers are from Quixotic Paperie called Icy Blooms and the ribbon is from my stash. I have used the sketch from Crafty Creations shown below............



.............nice and simple.

Now before I fall asleep I must enter a couple of other challenges.....

A Crafty Little Place - Distressing,

Wild Orchid Challenge - Their first one i ssay it with flowers, and

Pear Tree Designs - Glitter and Sparkles.

Night night everyone.

Hugs

14 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely and such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
xx

cindy said...

Love the purple great take on the sketch.

Aussie Loz said...

This is so sweet! I love the paper-piecing... 7 different sheets, WOW!! Looks so sweet, I'm sure Michelle will love it ♥

Aussie Loz said...

This is so sweet! I love the paper-piecing... 7 different sheets, WOW!! Looks so sweet, I'm sure Michelle will love it ♥

Teri said...

KWYM hun! Talk about multi-tasking! LOL
Sounds like you need some caffeine! Go get some rest hun. . .
Hugs,
Teri xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweet, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

He looks so cute paper pieced and love the colour scheme, my fave. Marianne x

miscanthuscrafts said...

love the sparkly background and very cute image. good luck and thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs. X

craftyb said...

Such a cute image...the paper piecing has turned out beautifully - well worth the effort! Thanks for sharing your fab take of Crafty Creations sketch! bx

Kim said...

Wow this is adorable! Love how you paper pieced the donkey...that's gorgeous and love all the sparkly paper! Thanks for joining us at the debut of WOC Challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Spyder said...

He's just toooo cute, I've just coloured mine in, was going to paper piece him, but now Ican't find it! Then coloured another but, he looks a bit...yukky, so I'm starting again.! Have a good Sunday!
(Lyn)

craftybunny said...

Lovely card.Love all the different paper pieced elements.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs.
Lisa x

Liz, said...

Hiya, like this one, nice and sparkly.

Liz x

Twin-Katis-PaperScrapworld said...

very sweet card!

hugs Kati