Thursday 17 September 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugar, Mygrafico, Cupcake, Digital Tuesday and Corrosive Challenges.

Hi everyone, what a wonderful day it has been - even better because I won some candy today from Beccy's Bits. I only found out when I got to work and even better was one of the bits of candy is a Fairy Doodles stamp set I have on my wishlist - thank you so much Beccy.
Now to the business of my latest card, not so soft and fluffy as my usual cards. The sketch for this one is from The Corrosive Challenge Blog and is shown below.


I felt this sketch was perfect for the challenge at Digital Tuesday where they have asked for a "Clean and simple Fall Card" with a digi image. The image I have used is one I bought from Scrapbookingmad (link on my sidebar), they have quite a few Halloween images out at the moment.


The papers I have used are from the Funky Seasons and It's Funky Too CDRoms from Funky Hand. The swirly paper has some half pearls stuck on to make it more interesting. Coincidently this happens to be the challenge at Cupcake Craft - Swirls and Pearls!

I have then punched out some Halloween shapes using the McGill Craftivity Frightfully Fun punch. They have been punched on a pale yellow glitter card.

I think this card can also qualify for the Mygrafico Challenge which asks for an Autumn card with one digi image, two patterned papers and three embellishments.

Fianlly I am also entering this card in the "Fall into Autumn" challenge over at A Spoon Full of Sugar.

Once again my blogging friends please leave a little comment for my delectation!!!

26 comments:

Juls said...

brilliant!! I love the soft colours, think this is a great twist on the normal autumnal colours..and I just love the glitter!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
What a lovely card. Your image is so gorgeous - you have coloured it beautifully, did you use watercolour pencils?? This is lovely.

Dawn xx

Tara said...

Fab card and such a cool image - my you managed to combine lots of challenges! Congrats on your candy win too!!
Hugs Tara xx

Spyder said...

Love this!! (I think I've got it!...the image I mean!) Well done on your candy win! And I hope your little dragon's feeling better for her party! And thank you for a 'link' I haven't been to yet!
((Lyn))

Liz McGuire, said...

Hello, brill card. Great image, must go there and check them out.

I am so like the cat who got the cream this week!
I will be looking out for your entry after the 2nd October!

Liz x
buttonsforbrains!

Anice said...

What a great card.I love the image you have used. It's easy for me to forget about my papers from past CDs as I'm always working on the next thing! Funky Seasons is one of my favs and you've inspired me to get it out and use it again!
Anice xx (Funky Hand)

cats whiskers said...

Love that cute stamp and those punched images just a fab card
Hugs Jacqui x

Allison Rankin said...

Adorable digi image...love it with the pearls!

Teri said...

Hey friend!
Well done on combining all those challenges!!
Congrats on the Candy win - and making top 3 at Sophisticat!
Oh, great card too - love that Scarecrow lady!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Teri x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Ali,
Great card with an adorable image. Congrats on your candy win.
Clare xx

coldwaters2 said...

Loving this creation lots the image is great and I love the pearls added to the swirls and the glittered image are all fabulous thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

This is brilliant Ali, you've done a smashing job with this weeks pearls and swirls theme, love your colour combination! Thanks for joining in the fun at CCC this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card. I love the image and the glittery punch-outs. The colour scheme is perfect and the layout is fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debby said...

wtg with the challenges :-) I love this card!

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous ! I love the image and the punched embellies,, they look fabulous ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Pop's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, i love the colours that you have chosen, a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Pops x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous! I love the little sparkly shapes. Kim

dawnmercedes said...

very appropriate for the season! nice job

Janet said...

what a cute card...thanks for playing!
hugs

Barbara said...

Great card, Ali! The image is so cute and I like the colors you used.

Barb

Heather Huggins said...

Wow thats a lot of challenges on one card!! I love it..

Tracy said...

Great card.... amazing that you have so many challenges in one card! I find it hard to do just one sometimes!!! LOL

Maria Matter said...

This is a fabulous clean & simple fall card...love that cute little scarecrow!
I'm so glad you could play along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge! Blessings, Maria

Donna said...

Fantastic card Ali such a cute little scarecrow and embellies :) Donna x

Liza said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

jude said...

What fab card love it .Thanks for playing along with my daily blog candy giverway day 18 winner now on blog
thanks again hun
hugs judex