Monday 19 October 2009

My first step/accordian card.


Goodmorning crafters, and welcome to my first ever step card. I have been wanting to try this technique out for quite a while and then I saw the challenge at Saturday Spotlight which is to make a scene. Aha I thought I can make a scene with a step card and here it is. Most of the images are from Scrapbooking mad (who incidently are having a sale check my post here for the link and a money off coupon). The tree was a freebie at Digital Ink Co Bloghop.



I made the sign using one of the sentiments on a piece of lolly pop stick. The bats, some of the ghosts and the witch flying over the moon were some confetti. The cloud is some cotton wool!!!


I enclosed the whole card with acetate and used yellow star brads from my stash to attach it. The bats were then stuck on the acetate. I really enjoyed making this card as it was a bit more creative.
Now for the challenges I have entered it in - lots of Halloween ones at the moment!!!

One Stop Craft Challenge - Halloween,

Papertake Weekly -  The Dark Side,

Cute Card Thursday - Spook Fest,

Daring Cardmakers - I can see clearly - use acetate, window, cling film,

Digital Tuesday - Boo! and digi image

Pile It On - Halloween,

The Corrosive Challenge - Spooky Times,

Creative Friday - Halloween,

StampARTic - Boo,

Stampin, B's Design Team - a Halloween card and

Cupcake Craft Challenge - Things that go bump in the night!

I make that 12 challenges - phew - I said there were a lot of Halloween ones about and I found three new challenge blogs too.

Please say what you think, I really do appreciate all your comments. Thanks


31 comments:

Wishcraft said...

What a clever card - fab! Lisa x

Teri said...

Woah! You must spend AGES going through all those challenge blogs to find ones that fit!!
Way to go girl!
Hugs,
Teri x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Ali, such a lot of detail and beautifully put together...I love the cotton wool you have used for the cloud...brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

PinksyDoodles said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!
Clare x

Darlene said...

Well I think this is just an AMAZING scene!! I have yet to make one of these step creations but you have certainly inspired me!! 12 challenges ... wow, how do you do it??? GREAT job ... thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create next week! WOWZA .. great job!!

Lythan said...

Wow what an amazing card. thanks for Daring this week!

Unknown said...

Hey girl, you see it's not that difficult to fit in 12 challenges is it - I'll have to see if I can top that!! LOL. Way to go - it's good when all the challenges are very similar isn't it! I love this card, it is sooooo ambitious, well done you. Love the house with the ghosts and that cloud....... Awesome.
Loadza Hugz
Dawn xx

Tara said...

WOW! Totally amazing Ali, this must have taken quite some time!! I hope you're pleased with the result, it's just brilliant!!
Hugs Tara xx

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly lady!! This is just amazing!!! I SOOO love this and your creative use of things from your stash!! The acetate really adds even more dimension!! Such a fabulous job for your very first stair step creation!! Very impressive and thank you so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight....would love for you to keep playing!! HUGS

Jacqui - Crafty Cardz - The Freebie Gatherers said...

Goodness woman!! That is lovely.. well done you! x

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi, this is brill. Haven't tried that myself yet, must have a go.

Hope old Bumblealsie isn't being a pest. He is off work just now with man flu and I don't think he knows what to be up to!

Liz x

Pop's Cards said...

This is brilliant i love the little images really cute, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week hugs Pops x x x

Min said...

Wow, this is just FABULOUS!! Great job with your first step card! I think you've mastered it!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ali, what a totally stunning card. It must have taken you ages to put together. Love all the cute images and the acetate over the front is a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Jill said...

wow wow wow Ali this is stunning, love the little scene you've created looks amazing thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Lynda said...

Wow I just love your card - a fantastic scene you've created! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Janet said...

wow this is fantastic!! i love it:)
hugs

Frau Ninchen said...

what a great card! i love it!

thanks for joining us at creative friday!

xoxo janina

bumblealsie said...

Looks like a set from a Disney movie. Well done, would you fancy being on one of their design teams?

dragonllew said...

Wow what an amazing card you are so clever.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! This is amazing!! I love it!! What an awesome scene you created here!! What a magnificent submission for the Saturday Spotlight!!

~Tammy~ said...

OMG!!! This card is absolutely amazing! Fabulous take on the challenge!

Stephanie said...

OMGoodness this is absolutely adorable, thanks so much for playing along at CCC this week.. I need to try one of these!

Doris P. said...

Oh, this card is so cute! The witch makes me smile - she is very cool!
Thanks to joining Creative friday!
Hugs from Austria
Doris

Deanna said...

Like WOW!

Thanks so much for playing!
Dee - Pile It On DT

Caryn said...

Oh wow - this is something else - it's so cool!! Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake Crafts this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jessica G. said...

Awesome Halloween scene! I especially like the cotton cloud and acetate overlay -- how clever! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight Challenge!!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great card. Very cool!!! Thanks for playing along with PIO.
Trish

Shelley said...

A great card for the halloween challenge. Thanks for joining in with our one stop craft challenge.
Shelley xx

Erin... said...

So cool and clever!! Love it!!!! Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)

Liza said...

A gorgeous halloween card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x