Saturday 15 August 2009

Digital Tuesday, Funky Fairy, Rainbow Lady and ABC Challenges.

After my wonderful award I decided it was time I made my Dragon card for the challenge at Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog. I used the sketch from Digital Tuesday shown below.
As luck would have it Dustin Pike has just released a great freebie called "Helping Hand" which is perfect.
Having chosen the Christmas digi stamp I therefore decided to enter the challenge at Funky Fairy's which is "Christmas", and you must use some of their papers. I have used some papers I found on the Funky Fairy's Inspiration site, the freebies are on the sidebar. I used one from Blue Christmas and one from the purple set. I also used a Smirk ribbon slider for my sentiment which is on some purple polka dot ribbon by Smirk.

I then coloured the image in with watercolour pencils and mounted it on black glitter card. Unfortunately, even in the close up you can't see the colouring as well as I would like.



I am also entering this card into the ABC Challenge which is "A is for ...... Anything Goes" with an optional extra of Animals.

Comments are always welcome. Thanks

17 comments:

Jill said...

gorgeous christmas card Ali, I love the image, so cute and beautifully coloured hugs Jill xx

Rainbow Lady said...

what a super card I love it. Thanks for joining in again
love Cynthia x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

What a cute card :) thanks for joining us at Funky Fairys Challenge blog.
hugs Ria

Anne said...

Fabby card Ali
Thanks for playing along with the Funky Fairy's this week
hugs
Anne x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Ali, love the snowman and dragon together, I hope he doesn't breath on the snowman lol! :) Donna x

Unknown said...

Fantastic xmas card, love the cute image.

Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

Joanne x

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Ali, great card hun love the image,papers and your colouring is super:)
Hugzz Val xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

So cute, I love Dustin's fun images and this one is great.
Clare x

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Love this Christmas card and the image is just perfect. Very Kreativ!!!
Love Dawn xx

PS Comment problem sorted now!! DOH

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Ali, The sentiment was already on the bag it is a file you just print out everything is there, just cut out glue and add some handles and tag, really very quick to make.
Hope your having a nice day:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, the papers works really well with this image. Thanks for taking part in the Funky fairy's challenge. anesha

Janiel/ janny said...

What a cute card! Love the colors..
Thank you for stopping and signing up for my blog candy. janny

Emma said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and Funky Fairy Challenges. Good luck.
Emma x

Victoria said...

A beautiful card lovely papers and delightfully coloured.

Thank you for joining us on ABC this week, good luck with the prize and we look forward to you joining us for the letter B next week.

hugs Vicky x

Helen said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Ginny said...

fab card, isnt Dustins image great!?!

thanks for joining us at FF this week :0)

blackdragon said...

Hello my dragon friend... thank you for the award... i shall have to think about it awhile!!!
love your dragon... i discovered dustin pike as well... love his dragons.
Rainbow lady is away at the mo so my challenge will run a while longer... maybe you can do another dragon. love lynx