Saturday 22 August 2009

Funky Fairys, Simon Says, Papertake Weekly, Creative Card Crew and ABC Challenge.

My aim is for this to be my last card for a week or so because we are off to La Belle France. I do not know how I will manage without you all!!

I felt like doing another Christmas Card and there are two challenges for "Christmas In August" at Simon Says Challenges and Creative Card Crew.
I also liked the look of the sketch at Funky Fairys which is shown below.


You also have to include some Funky Fairy product. I used the papers from the Purple Christmas Collection that can be found at Funky Fairy Inspiration Blog on the right hand side.

The fairy image I used is a Fairy Doodles from Buzzcraft, which I bought from Sharon Duncan Crafts. I coloured it with watercolour pencils and added crystal glitter to the hat and coat. For the wings I used Glitz it glitter glue purchased from my local DoCrafts stockist - Trago Mills (near Newton Abbot). I used purple sparkle in the middle and light purple around the edges. I then layered the image on a scalloped shape of purple glitter card. Yes, it is my favourite colour!!!! I put some purple buttons from my stash in the right hand corner. The snowflakes were punched out of white glitter card using an Xcut punch. The ribbon is Anitas Everyday ribbon in a gorgeous purple polka dot design. Then I added a Nancy Watt bow i.e. tied a knot instead of a bow!! (For those of you who don't know Nancy Watt she guests on Create and Craft). I have therefore covered the challenge at ABC Challenge which is B for.......Buttons. The challenge at Papertake Weekly is their 100th and so they have allowed you to pick from all the other 99 challenges. I have chosen the one from 3/11/08 which was Simply Sparkling - My glitter card!!

And there we have it.
I would love to receive comments about my card. I look forward to reading them on my return - unless I can get on a computer out there!!!

22 comments:

Teri said...

This one is really lovely and sparkly.
Have a great holiday!
Hugs,
Teri x

blackdragon said...

LOVELY CARD... I MUST USE THESE STAMPS SOON... GONNA MISS YOU DRAGONLADY BUT HOPE YOU AND THE LITTLE DRAGONLETTES HAVE A SMASHING TIME.
KEEP SAFE HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
LOVE LYNX

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Fab card with lots of sparkle and glitter. You do love your glitter card don't you. I will miss you for the next week whilst you are away sunning yourself. Have a fab holiday and hurry back.
Love & hugs
Dawn xxxxxxxxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the papers you used. Thanks for taking part in the Funky Fairys challenge. Anesha

Tab said...

Stunning card, hun, love the image and all the detail that you have added too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Ali, love the sweet image and fab papers ohhhh and sparkle too!!

Thanks for joining us this week at FFC.

Joanne x

Anne said...

Hi Ali
A fabby card, well done on covdering all those challenges too.
Thanks for playing along this week on Funky Fairy's
Anne x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Ooo, love the sparkly! Adorable Christmas card :)

I wanted to respond to the comment you made to me, but I don't have your email :(
So, I'm responding here ;)

"... Hi Ali!, I have a Slice - which I adore! but it makes cutting out images and pics a bit difficult to line up, so I just purchased an Epic Six Tool! It's big - 6 inches wide! but it has it's own handle ;)
It's compatible with every single other die cutting machine out there! That is what sold me!
So far I only have that set of nesties and a set of small round ones... I just ordered some Cuttlebug embossing folders - wish me luck, I've never used anything before ;) LOL!"

Hope this helps :)
Thanks!!! margie

Teri said...

Yes I know I have commented already, but there is a welcome home surprise for you on my blog.
Hugs,
Teri x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Ali,
What a fab Christmas card, the paper is great and I love the cute image.
Have a fantastic holiday.
Clare x

Lin said...

Aren't those fairy doodles just the cutest fairies out, and love what you have done with this one.

Hope you have a great week in France.

Lin

Dawn said...

I love purple and this is gorgeous - love the bling and cute image

Thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and all the sparkle. Jillix

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card :) thanks for joining us at Funky Fairys Challenge blog.

Hugs Ria

bumblealsie said...

What you and Buttons away at the same time? I might just have to visit tiggertastic. Enjoy.

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!!

Saskia :)

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Ali,fabulous card love it.
Hope you have a great time away:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Marcea said...

This is so cute, I really love these stamps and you have created such a pretty card. Well done on the combo! Have a great holiday
-x-

Dawny P said...

Fabulous card chick - I love the image and pretty colours you used :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW for our special challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a cute image! I love the touches of sparkle!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

<3,
Steph

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love the image and ther papers you used are perfect !!

Hope you're having a fabulous holiday :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Funky Fairys Challenges :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Donna said...

Fab lil Christmas card Ali and such gorgeous colours :) Donna x