Wednesday 23 September 2009

Christmas shocker!!!

Hi crafting buddies, hope you are all well. Bit overcast here today!! Here is the card I was making last night after receiving Teri's candy. I couldn't wait to use the Smirk "Christmas Celebrations" stamps and here it is. I have used the sketch from CardPatterns shown below.

It is quite a nice simple one with not too many layers - if you want of course!!!! I also decided that as there were a couple of challenges involving pink (one of my favourites) and brown I would do those. The papers I used were from Funky Fairys - Chocolate Covered Christmas and Simply Brushed - I have used these several times now. Another favourite is the hot pink glitter card I have mounted the image on.



The ribbon was a freebie from one of the crafting magazines. I have coloured the images with my C'Aran D'Ache watercolour pencils and added crystal glitter to the hats - again it doesn't show up well but is there honest!!!
So then onto the challenges I will enter this card in.

Our Creative Corner - Hot Pink, Light Pink, White and Chocolate Chip,

Cute Daisy May - texture - that will be the ribbon,

C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Pink and Brown,

Stamp Something - favourite colours or papers and

Christmas Stamping All Year Long - Christmas card with non traditional colours.

Do you know - well you probably won't believe me but I don't set out to do lots of challenges. I do check a lot and write them all down. It just sort of happens that way.

Anyways up, as usual please send me your happy thoughts.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Ali, thank you for joining us at CDM this week
Ann x

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Wow this is beautiful - what striking colours and what a fab image. I love that - may have to invest in that one myself. Lovely.

Hugz
Dawn xxx

Sue said...

Hi Ali,this is gorgoeus and such a lovely image.

BTW well done on winnng the challenges this week,i kept seeing your name popping up:)

sue
xx

Wishcraft said...

Sweet card - lovely colours. Congrats on all your wins lately, I keep seeing your name everywhere :o) Lisa x

Trimgym said...

Great cards, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet! I love that image and the non-traditional color combo you used. What a cute little card.

Teri said...

She's at it again! Loads of combi's!!
See you've got the stamps out of the packet then??
Great stuff!
Hugs,
Teri x

Claire Phillips said...

Fun card - Love it! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Min said...

Oh, how stinkin' cute is this?! LOVE the little stamp and the sentiment!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. Off to check out more of your blog!!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Tara said...

Such a sweet card Ali and your new Smirk stamp is gorgeous!
Hugs Tara xx

bumblealsie said...

like it, very witty.

Liz McGuire, said...

hiya, another great card, and whats all this about, everywhere I go I see your name as the winner!

Liz x

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely image! and i like your pink glitter card under. Love the cute sentiment too. Well done!
Hugs xx
Pat

Erin... said...

hahaha that's cute and funny!!! love the card! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something!

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous love that colour combo and the added ribbon for texture thank you so much for joining us at Cute Daisy May.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sankari W. said...

LOVELy!!! thank you so much for playing along with our non-traditional xmas challenge!!! what a deerly sweet card!!!

Suzi Mac said...

This is so adorable, love the image and the layout. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Moni said...

So fab card, love the sketch! Hugs,moni

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Ali, I love your cute card, the image is so sweet!
If you pop back to my blog you will see lots of kind people have told me how to schedule posts (I would email you but I don't have your email addy). I think the key thing is to save the post in drafts before changing the date in the "post options" section.
Clare xx

Tab said...

Stunning card, hun, love the delish colours you have used and that image is too gorge for words! Congrats on the candy wins too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Elise said...

SUCH a darling card! You are such a fun stamper/crafter babe! Excellent use of the C/P sketch, that's for sure! Your blog is ADORABLE!

Unknown said...

What an awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at OCC this week!!!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A fabulous card!! So cute! :)
Thanks for joining the CDM challenge this week x

(and great to see those Funky Fairy's papers! But then I'm biased!! lol )

Maria said...

Wow, you did wonderful incorporating all the different challenge on to one card! I love your non-traditional colors . . .the dp is beautiful too!!! Love the swirls! thank you for playing along with us at CSAYL.. hope to see you playing again!

maria