Sunday 20 September 2009

The Sunday Seven.

Happy Sunday everyone. The OH is out in the garden chopping wildly about. The little Dragons are playing happily ( for now) in their bedroom and I am crafting - ideal!!
This card fits seven (Yes) seven challenges and as ever I am starting off with the sketch which is from Moving Along with the Times and is shown below.
My card all started with the challenge at Crafty Creations - Coffee or Tea. I remembered I had a Dustin Pike image I had bought recently which is called teatime.
So I coloured it in using my C'Aran D'Ache watercolour pencils. The background paper came from a Cardmaking and Papercraft freebie which I cut to make two panels and then tried out some faux stitching - not entirely sure I have done it very well!! I also used something I have only just bought - Core'dinations Whitewash color core card - it is fantastic but very subtle and unfortunately doesn't show up too well here. I tried to show it in the picture with the flower. I sanded it off a bit to get more of the light blue colour through, more so around the edges - a bit of distressing (that's a first for me!!). The flowers were in my candy winnings recently from Beccy and a while ago from Liz. As you can see I topped them off with a lovely gem which is one Anita's.



I also put one of these gems on the bears watch. The ribbon is some I bought recently from Handy Hippo - I do love the polka dots!


Finally , the sentiment was another freebie stamp from Papermania. So this is my Beary Nice Birthday Tea card.!!
The other challenges are:-

La La Land Crafts - Three different embellishments - ribbon, flowers and gems,

Papertake Weekly - Faking it - faux stitching,

Daring Card Makers - Shabby Chic - Faux stitching and distressing and

Simon Says Challenge - is a recipe, 3 embellishments, two papers and 1 image.

Phew!!! The kids are still playing nicely and hubby still gardening - must be a record.


As ever please let me know what you think.

34 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, this is lovely, well done on fitting the card into so many chalenges! How sweet having tea. Glad you have had peace to get crafty.!! Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Susan said...

7!
7!
7!
How have you managed that!
Very organized of you!
Great card - love the tea!
I love cor'dinations cardstock - I have a rather large pile of their 6x6 - its at a great price at the Range! (I buy a pack every time I go - my theory being that it will go up in price to meet all the other shops when they realise their mistake!! LOL)
Take care
SuzyX

Tara said...

Sweet card and such a cutie image - you must hold the record now for the most challenges in one card!!
Hugs Tara xx

Teri said...

Woah! Get you! Seven in one go - reminds me of a Nursery Tale. . .
Excellent work!
Hugs,
Teri x

Donna said...

Super cute card Ali, absolutely love the cute little image and such a lovely choice of papers too :) Donna x

bumblealsie said...

7 challenges completed on a Sunday? Well done. I have just the one...getting up.

Liz McGuire, said...

You go girl! I think the most I ever managed in one go was four. Brill card - love the flowers!

Yeah, and he has trouble getting up on a Monday as well, lucky if we see him at work before 9.30! Just as well for flexi time.

Liz x
buttonsforbrains!

Wishcraft said...

Great card - cute image! Lisa x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a super sweet card! Your teddy is just adorable and the watch he's wearing is fab. Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Anime Girl said...

What a funny card! I like the flower too.
There is something on my blog for you!
Sarah x

Paul said...

Dustin Pike makes some fab images. Great project and thanks for joining in with our Embellish It challenge over at La La Land Crafts. I hope you enjoyed it as much I did and join in with us again soon.
TFS
Paul

Karin said...

Adorable card.
Love the soft colurs, beautifull image and gorgeous flowers.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Surprise - bet your didn't expect a comment from me this weekend!!! Anyway, 7 challenges! Well done you. A lovely card with such a cute image - unmistakably Dustin Pike! Good luck with all your challenges.

Dawn xxxx

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Ali,Fabulous card and well done on 7 challenges good luck in them all:)
Hugzz Val xxx

thread-bare said...

Wow what a card to include 7 challenges. Very well done. Thank you for using Clare W's sketch at MAWTT this week. x Clare x

Sue said...

it's fabulous,great image and fabby colouring ..i love it:)

Now go and make a card with pink and brown and then follow the sketch on the other challenge,it isn't too late..both links are on me blog:)

sue
xx

Marcea said...

lovely card with such pretty details
Thanks for joining us this week on LLLC
-x-

Lori said...

This is TOO cute! Love the image and the coloring and congrats on combining so many challenges! Great job!

P.S. Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog!

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is gorgeous ;-) The image is lovely and the papers and embellies you used are fab :-)
Well done on combining so many challenges too ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW...hugs kath xxxx (GDT)

Maureen said...

Fab card! Love the papers, flowers and especially that little gem on his watch - what a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Unknown said...

How cute! Love that flower! Thanks so much for joining us this week at La La Land Crafts!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Beary nice! ;) Adorable image! Pretty flower too! Thank you for joining in on the fun with La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! xx Jane

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Great image and details!! So glad you played in the Crafty Creations challenge!
Smiles,Deena

Rose said...

very cute!! love the watch on the bear :0) thanks for joining us on crafty creations

Iris said...

Your card is so stunning, love all the details and the fab image.
Thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Lynda said...

Great fun card - thanks for daring!

Lynda xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, fabulous fun image and colours.
Luv
Debby

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this funny card! Great!!

Saskia :)

Claire Phillips said...

Great card - what a fun image! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

shelly said...

such a cute card :) and wow great job joining all those challenges in to one :) thank you for joining us at CCC this past week :) shelly

Unknown said...

Well done Ali,
Yet another win!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a clever girl aren't you! I think I may have to change my style a little to compete!!

LOL Just kidding! Well done girl - you won't be able to move in your house soon for all that candy.

Hugz
Dawn xxxxxx

Shelley said...

Love the image, it is great. Many thanks for joining in with the one stop craft challenge.
Shelley xx