Monday 6 August 2012

Totally Tilda DT Call


Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the Olympic games. Well done to all those Olympians who have won medals - especially the British!

There is another event that for Magnolia lovers is almost as significant - there is a DT call at Totally Tilda with the above photo as your inspiration. You have until 19th August to get in your entry - good luck everyone.

I have used the lovely sketch at Magnolia Down Under Challenges, shown below...


Here is my entry using Tilda as Christmas Angel from the 2009 Christmas collection.


Not necessarily a Christmas card but as I haven't put a sentiment on it I suppose it could be. I have coloured her with Twinkling H2O's - I thought it was about time I used them having bought them about 4 years ago!!! The papers are from a Lucy Cromwell pack - Designstax - I just love the colours and need to buy some more!!. The card for the matt is Whitewash Coredinations. I must admit this was a challenge because I couldn't get the right blue to go with the pink until I thought of the whitewash card. The butterfly border is a Tim Holtz on the egde die called Butterflight. I have put a doily in the background and used TH distress ink - Spun Sugar on the edges. The flower were in a candy win from Mandy (A Sprinkling of Glitter) - thanks hun. THe lace is from my stash and the butterfly and flower shapes are die cuts that I got from the Range last week, I have covered them with Frantage embossing powder - Shabby Pink  and I just love the effect.

So fingers crossed that I make the DT call and Good Luck to everyone else.
.
I would also like to enter this card at :-



Tildas Town Challenge - Vintage, and,

Magnolia Mania Challenge - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

Hugs

14 comments:

Mummylade said...

soo cute! And good luck :)

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous card hunny, good luck and thank you soo much for my beautiful card and pressie I will treasure them.
Hugs
Clare
xx

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie,
Gorgeous card Ali, love all the distressing and the fab embellishments. Good luck in the DT call hun
hugs
Dawn (Totally Tilda DT)
xxxx

Renee B. said...

Lovely card...Tilda is so adorable!
Hugs, Renee

JenniferD said...

What a Beautifully soft coloured card! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,love the pastel colours and your embellishments are lovely...Good luck with the DT call...
Mandy x

Christine said...

Hi Ali gorgeous cute Tilda creation lovely design & take on the colour combo..thanks for sharing good luck in the TT DT call.

smiles Christine x Totally Tilda DT

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Ali! Aww, this is so cute! What a sweet image!

Anonymous said...

This is very sweet, I love all the pretty detail
Hugs julie P

Susie Sugar said...

Gorgeous card Ali really pretty and I see you manage to get a few of your trademark butterflies in there too, as you know I'm a big fan of butterflies as well.
Great distressed detail and Tilda looks fab.
Thanks for entering the DT call
Hugs Susie xx

Nicolchen said...

Your creation is just adorable...love the colours and the details :0)))

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Delphine said...

Gorgeous! Adorable image and I love all your embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card. Great use of the sketch this week at MDUC. Thanks for joining us...
Good luck to you!!
hugs.........

Serena said...

Ali your card is really sweet and pinky!!! Thank you for joining us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia! Good Luck for the Dt call ;o)

xoxo
Serena