Monday 2 November 2009

First Scrap Page



Yes, everyone another first for me. It was inspired by the triple challenge at StuckOnUSketches with the sketch shown below,
                                          

then at Practical Scrappers they wanted you to use at least three ribbons and at Frosted Design they wanted Owls on your project. I know this may seem strange but I instantly thought of this picture of my eldest Dragon - Alex when she was 4 months old sitting in her Bumbo and looking at a book!!! Her wide eyes remind me of an Owl.


The Owls are from the Polka Doodles CD Rom - Jingle Jangles. The remaining elements are from Summer Driggs - Happy Halloween and Moments except for the piece with the journaling on this was from a Shabby Princess kit called Spontaneous Delights.


Alex is now 5 and really loves reading and is coming on so well I am really proud of her - but this photo will show her that her interest in books started at an early age!!!!
The word wise is made up of four fonts which you can find here as follows - W = JFWildwood, I = Mister Vampire, S = Frestyle Script (Word font) and E = Fairytale.

The other challenges I am entering this page in are : =

ABC Challenge - G is for Green,

Charisma Cardz - No backing papers,

La La Land Challenge - Ribbon,

Artful Inkables - use a technique you have never used before

Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Anything but a Card, and

The Corrosive Challenge - No cards.

I hope you like this creation and please let me know in your comments.

Hugs



32 comments:

Juls said...

very very sweet! what a great page, the photo is just too cute! and I love the owls!

cats whiskers said...

Whar a perfect page layout dear canot believe it is your first
Hugs Jacqui x

Sandy said...

Thanx so much for playing along with us on the challenge...the page is wonderful...great papers and what an awesome picture!

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Wow, what a gorgeous page you have made here. Doesn't she look sweet - I can see what you mean about the eyes!! There is another challenge you could enter this for which was to do something you haven't tried before - damned if I can remember which one it was though. If I remember I'll pop back and let you know.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherri said...

Your first page.....wow, you are going to be some scrapper! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Aww that's how old my little guy is right now! We don't have a bumbo but I am not sure how stable he'd be anyways. LOL. But I love how you said this reminded you of an owl..too cute! SO glad you were a part of this and that you did you first scrap page??? what! thats awesome!!!!

Christine said...

This is such a neat layout! Love how you used the owls and I love your colors! Thanks for playing along with all three sites!
Christine (Practical Scrappers)

Anonymous said...

Great layout, the pic is just too cute. Thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Marjorie said...

Nine challenges in one, whoa girl!! Darling page :D I miss doing baby layouts! Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers!

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi, what a fab job you did with this, she is gorgeous.

Liz x

Allison Rankin said...

Terrificly sweet...isn't that bumbo great? I would die if I didn't have it for Ave since she is almost a year old and still can't sit on her own!

Beccy said...

Hi Ali - what an adorable layout - fab first page.

I use a cuttlebug, which works really well my only complaint is it isnt very wide not sure if the Wizard is wider, if it isnt then cuttlebug is fine havent found any dies that you cant use yet.

Beccy x

Donna said...

Brilliant layout Ali, such a cute photo and the little owls are so sweet :) Donna x

Helen said...

Adorable!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great scrapbook page! Thanks for playing along with CCBJ!

Unknown said...

Your layout is wonderful and such an adorable photo!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, so sweet! Thanks for playing!

Charlene said...

Cute! The picture goes well with the owls! I need to do mine now... :)

Micki said...

Oh that's a great scrap page, especially if it's your first! Great job! Thanks so much playing along with us at SSDS!

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

beautiful photo and beautiful page, love the ribbons to the side and great colour combo too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,love your gorgeous photo and such a fabulous take on the sketch!!! A brilliant first LO!!
Hugs xx

CraftyC said...

Well done on making your first page Ali, I daren't go there or another addiction and more shopping LOL. Love the ickle owls and what a cutie!!
Clairex

Tara said...

Fabulous layout Ali and well done for attempting something new!
Hugs Tara xx

Lisa said...

ahhh so sweet thanks for joining us at SSDS

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous blog, love the photos and thank you for becoming one of my followers, I do so want to wish you good luck in my draw. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxx I also want to thank you for posting my candy on your blog.

di said...

Oh my goodness. How sweet! What a great layout and you did awesome with the tri-challenge!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous layout and doodleing Dragonlady.
Thanks for joining in the fun over at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Pat said...

Beautifully done!!!

Vicki Burns said...

Adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

Vee said...

A fab layout and a really gorgeous photo.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love those owls and your photo is just so cute!