Monday 4 January 2010

Vintage Christmas Angels


Good afternoon my crafting friends, hope all is well with you. I won some images and papers from Crafty Suzy thanks hun - I know it was a while ago!!!! They are all from Crafty Individuals and I thought they were perfect for my first Christmas card of 2010 and for the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge - this is a new Challenge blog to help you make your Christmas cards in time!!! their theme is A is for Angels. I have used the sketch at Papertake Weekly shown below.



I have also used a charm I received from my best blogging buddy Dawn AKA Craftykitten - you can see her gorgeous creations here - thanks hun. I have attached it to the button using jump rings and a foam pad. This is then mounted on a punched flower - in my favourite glitter card.



The angel image has been mounted on to a nestie - my latest purchase - labels one. The sentiment is one of the freebie tickets from Miss Cutie Pie - reduced in size a bit!!

 

I am also going to enter this card in the following challenges :-

Fussy and Fancy Challenges - Anything new,

Practical Scrappers - Butttons,

Sparkle Creations - Christmas plus buttons,

One Stop Craft Challenge - Something beginning with B (Button)and,

La La Land Challenges - Charm.

As ever I would love to hear what you think. Also don't forget to join in with my BIRTHDAY CANDY.

Hugs

31 comments:

Elena said...

This card is so beautiful! I really like the tree charm you added!
Thank you so much for playing with this weel at La-La Land Crafts!

Teri said...

Gorgeous hun! Love it!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Unknown said...

Woohoo I got a mention!!! Oh Yeah!! It looks fab matey - love the vintage feel of this card. And that charm just makes it perfect - well it would wouldn't it??!! LOL.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful vintage image. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love the angels!

Juanita said...

This is gorgeous, love the angels and the little charm is the perfect accent.

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at la La Land Crafts!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Hi Ali. This is just so beautiful! Those angels have such an ethereal look about them. I love the papers that you matched with the image. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge,
Sharon xx

Susan said...

Glad you made use of those papers and images Ali!
Your card is serene!
However - I cant BELIEVE you have made your first Christmas card for 2010 (reeling in shock) LOL
You need an award for that!
Keep warm!
SuzyX

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is so pretty, thank you for playing with us at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Erika Hayes xoxox e said...

This is beautiful! I love it Thanks for posting at Practical Scrapper!

xoxo
e

Anonymous said...

vintage card! Ooooo love the charm too!

Thanks for joining in the ABC Christmas challenge this time
Samantha :0)

Bananastamper said...

Great angel images! I am working on my Christmas card stash too, eight so far...
Shanna :)

Kelly L said...

Cute little charm, and lovely angel images you used!! :) Kelly

Cathy said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining in the ABC Christmas this time.
Cathy xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Ali,
Aren't these angels sweet? This is a gorgeous card and I love how you have added the charm with the flower and button.
Clare x

Lori said...

Oh I love vintage! You made a wonderfully creative card :D Love the charm and how you punched the flower from glitter paper - Wow!
Thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday.
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Nikki said...

Hi what a lovely card, it really has a vintage feel to it. Thanks for joining us this week at OSCC.
Nikki xx

RobinJ said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers!

Sherri said...

Nice vintage card

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Ali! The angels are wonderful!

magicwanda said...

I love the vintage look...
Great card
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Irina Blount said...

What a LOVELY card!! Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts this week!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely vintage-style card. Thank you for joining our first challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Your button with the metal embellishment is great! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Ali :-) The vintage image is lovely and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas and PTW Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Unknown said...

This vintage Christmas card is beautiful! Love the angels. Thanks for playing again this week at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Sarah said...

Great way to use a button and very cute charm! Thanks for playing along at Practical Scrappers!

Denimo said...

What wonderful images! I love your card!! Thanks for being part of our first ever challenge at Fussy & Fancy!!
Hugs, Denise

Victoria said...

What a beautiful card.

Thannk you so much for joining us on our first ABC Christmas Challenge

Vicky x