Tuesday 1 February 2011

For my Valentine...........


.....................and I don't think he has seen it!!!!!!
I bought this stamp a while ago and finally got a chance to use it for my hubby's valentine card -
Cupid at Work from Penny Black. I didn't think the Tilda cards I have made were appropriate for him somehow!!!
I have coloured cupid with watercolour crayons and put a glaze on the little hearts - hope you can see in this closeup..............


If you click on the image you should get a bigger version - and the sunshine seems to have washed it out a bit!!!!

I have used flower punches on corrugated card and a brad for the flowers. The flower border is an EK Success punch called  Garden Flower punched into red glitter card - took a while to get used to this punch but got there in the end. The embossed card is co'ordinations card and a Country Companion folder of hearts. The backing paper is from a Papermania set - and unbelievably I just pushed the wrong button and posted this halfway through aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!
I have added some flourishes from a Mariannes die cut and some bling gems from my stash.
Not too girly I hope!

So I need to get to the challenges so I can post again!!!



Simon Says Stamp - Animal Antics,

Penny Black Saturday - I used their sketch,

Paper Sundaes - Valentine,

Paperplay Challenge - Layer it up,


Craft Your Passion - Bling, Hearts and red,

Cooking It Up with Katie - Current sketch, Punch and Texture, and,


Do you think my hubby will like it???

Hugs




23 comments:

melsanford said...

It's gorgeous! How could he not like it?!? :-) Love the embossing and the image is sooo cute! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Thanks for sharing with us at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Unknown said...

Hi hun,
I'm sure he will love it and I don't think it is too girly at all. Love the flower border punch and those little flowers.
Hugs
Dawn x

Valerie-Jael said...

Love this one and much nicer for your Hubby than Tilda!

Katie said...

Cute card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at
CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Kath Stewart said...

this is so cute......thanks for joining in the fun with pauline's sketch at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Love the card ...love the image on the heart
Hugs
sylvie
xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Juls said...

this is just too gorgeous for words! Hugs Juls

Tara Godfrey said...

What a great Valentines card and I love this sweet kitty and the fabulous flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Crystal said...

So cute! I love this image! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Deirdre said...

Bet your hubby will love it.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

Terry said...

Hiya thank you for sharing your totally loving creation with the DT team from Simon Says Stamp and Show, I am sure that your Valentine will love it. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxx

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for joining in with our flower challenge at craftycatz, x carol

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, fab cute image and colours.
luv
Debby

Pauline C said...

Very cute and fab for a man. Thanks for your fab interpretation of my sketch and for entering this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a fun card, I'm sure Hubby will love it!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Nancy Wethington said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

sammi said...

Cute card! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion in our "Bling On Your Love" challenge.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This is gorgeous! how could he not?
Thank you so much for joining us in our Valentine challenge on Paper Sundaes! Good luck!
♥Lisa