Monday 14 March 2011

Die Cut Dreams Challenge #85 Special Friend/Mother's Day

Where do the weeks go?? We have a had a lovely fortnight of Spring Garden cards at Die Cut Dreams - please check out the blog to see if you are our lucky winner.

Our challenge for you this week is.....

SPECIAL FRIEND or MOTHER'S DAY

...........and the prize is:-



3 Chipboard door hanger kits, Colours may vary. These can also be found at Die Cut Dreams (currently closed but will open again in May) to buy.
Here is my card to give you some inspiration - it is actually going to be for my Mother-in-law who is a keen gardener.



I have used a Penny Black stamp I won some time ago but you can find it here. I have coloured it with Promarkers ..... here is a closer look..........


..... the colours are a bit better than the main picture as I used the "I'm feeling lucky button" in Picasa!!!!
The border was done using an EK Success large edger punch called Garden Flower in purple glitter card. The word was done on my Cuttlebug using a Spellbinders Alphabet set called Childhood. The paper I used was from a Papermania pack called Henbury Lane - I can only find the A5 pack but I used A4 card. The swirl is from Mariannes Creatables  and the nestability is Labels 7 and the gems are from Anita.

Please check out my team mates creations for some more fantastic inspiration - their links are on my left sidebar.

I am entering this card in a few challenges............


Penny Black at Allsorts - Welcome Spring,

One Stitch At A Time - Glitter and gems,

Stamp Scrap and Doodle Saturday - Spring has sprung,

Saturday Challenge - Flowers for Mum,


Raise the Bar - G.(Garden scene)R.(Rose) E.(Embellishments)E. (Embossed edges) N. (Nestabilities)

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Make it girly,

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes, and,


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabby card Ali, must get me this Picassa thingy!! Love the image and the punched border. Great colour too! LOL
Hugs
Dawn x

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card. Fab image and I love the colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Tracy said...

I love your image and fab design, thanks for joining Penny Black @ Allsorts.
Good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Deb said...

Gorgeous Ali, love the colors and super adorable image, great pic too
Debs
xxx

sue said...

lovely cute card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Kelly - Peace Love Lacquer said...

Love that image!! So cute! :)

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter, hope to see you again soon!

~Kelly

Mervi said...

Hi!
So gorgeous card for mum! Love the lilac colours, beautiful colouring and punches.

Thank you for sharing this with us at
Penny Black @ Allsorts, good luck and welcome again;-))m

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining us on our "Flowers for Mum" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

brenda said...

Hi Ali

What a super piece of artwork.

The image is coloured beautifully and as I love lilac it's a total hit with me.


It's great to see you at Penny Black at Allsorts, thanks for joining in and hope to see you again next month.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely adorable!! Love this stamp, you colored it beautifully!!

Thank you so much for sharing with us at penny black at all sorts!!

Unknown said...

I love this card the little image is so cute and the gorgeous colours, the CAS above looks fantastic I would be no goods at it as I always like to add more.
Chris x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card! Love that cute image and you coloured it wonderfully.
Thanks for joining in with SSDS- Spring has sprung challenge.
Hugs Sue x

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for playing at OSAAT this week.
Hugs Nataliya.

Kathy said...

OH my this is adorable, festive and so colorful :)
So happy you submitted this to The Simon Says Challenge Blog.

tt.scraps said...

Great Card!! Love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at SSDS!
Tammy SSDS DT

tt.scraps said...

Happy Spring! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week on SSDS!
Tammy SSDS DT

Louise said...

Very pretty card love the swirls,thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
Louise xx

Louise said...

Very pretty card love the swirls,thanks for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts.
Louise xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ali this is beautiful what gorgeous bp and that image is a real cutie pie, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

~*Joni said...

What a sweet interpretation of our G.R.E.E.N. acrostic, thank you for entering in on our fun Raise The Bar theme this week.
~*Joni RTB DT

Ruth said...

A lovely card, beautifully coloured. Ruth, Crafty Calendar Challenge

Juls said...

really cute, loving he lilac colours and the gorgeous swirls! Hugs Juls