Monday 26 October 2009

All Right, sorry White!!



Hi everyone,

School holidays for a week - ideal time for the children as right near Halloween. Anyway, no Halloween card today but an all white card (mostly!) for the challenge at Colour Create. I managed to find some embossed card in my stash that I have had for ages - a freebie at some point - but is really lovely (I think so anyway - still hankering for a die cutting machine to do the embossing!!).


Shock horror I have actually managed to use the sketch at Midnight Madness as above. I say this because I find them very challenging - which is good but I have shied away from them in the past. Have changed the shape a bit and the placement of the flower.




The image is one I received in a candy win, but I haven't a clue who she is so if someone knows please let me know - Thanks. I coloured her with my favourite water colour crayons and glittered the daisy with my favourite crystal glitter - can you see where this is going!! I punched out two flowers in white glitter card and 3D'd them putting another favourite in the middle - a gem! The Scallop shape is from a punch and was cut in half - again punched out of my favourite white glitter card. More gems around the side. Here is another view for you.


I am really pleased with the result and here are the other challenges I have entered:-

La La Land Crafts - Sparkle (glitter and gems),

Charisma Cardz - Delightful Daisys,

Daring Cardmakers - 5 of your favourite things (Gems, glitter card, scallop punch, Water colours and crystal glitter)

Frosted Design - 3D (Flower),

Practical Scrappers - Punches and

Crazy4Challenges - 3 geometric shapes (Square card, circle with the image and two triangles).

Another card which I have enjoyed making and has used things I had forgotten about. This is what it's all about!! Please let me know what you think - I do love reading all your comments.

Thanks and hugs 

35 comments:

StampOwl said...

super cute card, thanks for playing with the C4C

6 wacky women said...

Adorable card, Ali
I just love the image, fabulous design and details. Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Paul said...

A lovely bit of sparkle and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Tara said...

Gorgeous card Ali, the all white theme is so pretty and I love that image too!
Hugs Tara xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Charlne - ths is just the sweetest thing ! Love the colours you have used - perfect for such a cutie!! Love that embossing folder! Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing what you do next week!

Phyllis said...

WELCOME to the MM Sketch Challenge. We are so happy you have decided to give us a try. We hope you will be back many times!! Your little image is so cute and I for one like a lot white!! Great card!! The MM Design Team thanks you for playing.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
Wow, this is just such a gorgeous card. I love the white glitter card and that flower really sets if off. Love the image.... whoever she is!! Beautiful - good luck with all the challenges.
Hugz
Dawn xx

susanwilliamsrn said...

this is a beautiful card...i love how you colored the image...great job...i love the white and the embossing...tfs!

bumblealsie said...

That is a fancy fried egg she is holding.

Teri said...

Fabulous card hun! Sorry can't help with the image.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Teri x

Anonymous said...

A lovely cute card, love the touch of sparkle and well done for fitting with all those challenges. :) Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers.

vanessa.

Lynda said...

Super cute card - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

I love the embossed corner bits - great idea.
thanks for playing with The Daring Cardmakers this week

bumblebee creations said...

this is gorgeous! I love the white and little splash of pretty color! Great card! Nothing in the mail yet? Should be any day!

Priscilla said...

Bravo!!! and congratulations on diving in to our challenges. A BIG WARM WELCOME GOES OUT TO YOU :) Don't be a stranger..Your work is always welcome in our challenges..and yes, that is my goal to give ya a good challenge ;) Keep playing, cuz you did an awesome job. Your card is just adorable!! {{{{clap clap clap}}}
Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge and PLEASE keep playing ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Carol Hurlock said...

Welcome to Midnight Madness Ali, I am so glad you found us and hope you will return for our weekly sketch challenge. Your card is just so precious. I love the outstanding embossing that you have done. I just love white cards and yours is exceptional. Thanks for playing along with us.

Carol
MMSC-DT

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

What a cute card, Dragonlady. I think you did a wonderful job using the sketch and it does take a bit more imagination but it's so worth it, as the cards turn out great, look at your cute image! Love your glitters, snowflakes and embossed background paper. Thanks for joining us this week and hope to see you next week! xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Unknown said...

Great card & I love the image, how cute is she? thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! love all the glitter.
Hugs xx
Pat

Donna said...

Your card is so sweet Ali, the white really shows your cute image off so well...thanks for your lovely comments on my blog...I'll sort out some pics for you on how I create my flowers but it will probably be towards the end of this week if that's OK :) Donna x

Maureen said...

Such a cute card! Love that adorable image and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

di said...

This is precious! I love the image and that little bit of sparkle is just perfect!

Lynn said...

Super sweet and love all that glitter..Wonderful card!!

Barbara said...

This is a very fun sketch and I like your interpretation! Cute little character!

Barb

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

That image is ADORABLE!!!! CuteNESS!!!

Rita Barakat said...

Super cute card Ali!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

How absolutely adorable is this!? I love the all white background!!! Love the image too!

Denise @ kc242 said...

I really like the white on white dp's. I have some of that embossed paper... I love how you have used it in the corners. Your take on the sketch is just lovely. I hope that you keep sharing your artwork with us each week! You did a fantastic job. The sketches are alittle more challenging but the end result is a lovely card that you should be very proud of!
Denise
Midnight Madness Design Team

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

ladynurse4 said...

Really like the cute white cards. Love how you used the punch and cut it in half. Thanks for joining us at practical scrappers.

Allison said...

very pretty card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is really cute! I love the all white with the splash of colors! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers and Frosted Designs!

Christine Meyer said...

Really beautiful card - thanks for joining us again at Practical Scrappers!

Vee said...

Fabulous card with a gorgeous image and I love the white background. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the shimmer and the embossing! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx