Saturday 17 October 2009

Quick Cute Christmas Card

Good evening all, hope everyone has had a good day. We have had an up and down day. Took one of our cats to the vet because I was worried about her decline in health recently. She will need her teeth looking at and will have to have an anesthetic to have the work done. They won't do one until she has had a blood test to check if she can cope with an anesthetic given that she is 15 years old!! She was given some anti biotics and anti inflammatories and has perked up a bit. I must admit I was expecting worse news. After all that stress this morning, I managed to finish off this card. I have decided the sketch is so quick and easy to use it for the bulk of my Christmas cards this year - when I eventually get round to them (too busy doing challenges!!!). Then this afternoon we went for a lovely walk around a local Nature reserve for nearly two hours. No the children are not exhausted yet!!!

Anyway on to the card, I used the sketch from MyGrafico shown below.

The image is one I have had for a while called Melting Snowmen - this is the before shot!!! They have been glittered and coloured with black crayon and Stardust Sakura gel pens. The sentiment is from the same set. They have both been chalked around the edges in blue and mounted on blue miri card. The patterned paper is one from Dovecraft called Winter Wonderland and can be found here. The background card is one of Core'dinations called ROY.G.BIV and can be found here, I have sanded around the edge to distress the card.

I really enjoyed making this card and it came together really well.
The other challenges I am entering are:-

La-La Land Crafts Blog - Winter/Christmas,

Charisma Cardz - It's so Distressing,

My Time To Craft - Quick, Cute and DT call and

Lots To Do - A card.

There you have it, I look forward to your comments.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable christmas card, great job, thanks for playing with us this week at MyGrafico

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely card!

Saskia :)

sam21ski said...

Lovely card, that snowman image is fab and the glitter sets them off perfectly

Thanks for playing along with us this week over on Lotstodo - Sam xxx

Tara said...

A perfect Christmas card Ali, I really love the layout and the ice cool colours too!
Hugs Tara xx

made by fifi said...

great cute snowmen - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge x

Teri said...

Ah! Lovin' all the shiny and glittery bits! Great you could get it in so many challenges too.
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

Hi Ai,
Just one comment ................. Adorable!!! Well done you - great sketch and a great card.
Hugz
Dawn cc

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your snowman Christmas card!! I love all the glitter you added and the colors. It is a great sketch!! I may have to give it a go at some point too.

Zoechaos said...

Love those snowmen its a great fun card.

Melyssa said...

Your card is just adorable! I love the sparkle on the snowmen. I love your version of the sketch. Wow you are very busy with challenges how do you keep up??

On behalf of myself and fellow DT members of Whimsie Doodles I'd like to thank you for playing along at our blog hop.

Stephanie said...

so cute - just love blue w/snowmen!! thanks for joining us at MyGrafico :) hope to see you again!!

Cheryl said...

So sweet,I love your little image and all that fabulous sparkle!!!
Hugs xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Cute, cute snowmen..Great Card! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at La La Land Crafts.

Karen Brooks said...

Very pretty! Love the snowmen! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week and playing along with my challenge!!!!

Nilla said...

Missed some beautiful card while away, I can see! Love them all! Hugs Nilla

cats whiskers said...

Morning sweetie what a great christmas card this is love that image
Hugs Jacqui x

Paul said...

A great festive project. Thanks for joining in with our Christmas/Winter challenge at La La Land and hope the cat gets better soon.
TFS
Paul

Louise said...

love all the glittered snowmen,fab card.
louise xx

suzARTe said...

hello Dragonlady (love your blog name),
you are are one of the winners of my monthly blog giveaway. Please email me your postal add so I can get your small package of goodies to you. All the details are on my blog.

warmest regards,
Susan

crafty creations said...

Lovely card - thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Claire Phillips said...

Great card -such cute snowmen!- thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

This is a lovely card and the I really like the image of the snowmen. Thanks for the tip about cropping my photos - I crop images off CDs etc but had never put 2 and 2 together to make 4 when it comes to photos. Just hope it sticks in my memory to continue doing this as I've re-jigged my two most recent photos. It will no doubt be one of those things, I hope, that will just become routine. Thanks for mentioning it thought.

best wishes, Kym xx

bumblebee creations said...

what lovely cards these will be! Gorgeous colors! Hope the little ones ear is better- I know what you mean about being up most of the night! my daughter is sick as well, she is 6. Well, take card and thanks for sharing!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Wondeful winter card! I am sorry you had to worry so about your cat. I have a fur baby too and she had a surgery a couple of months ago that really scared me to bits. My other cat passed away a year ago but she was almost 20 years old! Hoping your fur baby gets to feeling better! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

debby4000 said...

Love those snowmen, brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Maureen said...

Great card! Love that image and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Hope you kitty is feeling better soon!

Karin said...

Cute card.
Love the design, papers, colours and cute image.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Vee said...

A gorgeous card and a really lovely image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Really cute - love the glittery snowmen! Thanks for joining the quick and cute challenge!